The website that I researched that was an e-zine and also had a blog website was (http://www.time.com/time/). The websites were similar in the fact that there was a lot of articles about current events that are happening in the world. But the one thing that separates the two would be the use of information. What the articles that are not blogs have is, more of an in depth look at what has happened and why it is happening. With blogs, it's more like a discussion between viewers and the author. Current news with blogs give an opportunity for viewers or readers a chance to interact with a certain journalist and create a global discussion about what is happening in the world today. With e-zine articles, its more of a solid informational article that tells the reader specific facts of what the story is.
Both of the websites, since they are connected together, are very professional and effective with headlines, article links, and sources of video for the readers enjoyment. Articles in both websites were easy to read. Seemed like the e-zine part of the website had more of current events and the blog website had more of personal author articles that journalists have made to interact with readers. I felt that they were both credible and trustworthy. I would personally read or get my news from the print version than the blog because, I want to get certain facts that blogs tend to not have. By having the e-zine website, it's easy to read articles and more convenient because, I don't have to drive to the bookstore to read the Time magazine or order a subscription.
I would say that the research material that I have found strongly supports my thesis statement (5) and I don't need to change my original thesis statement.
Wednesday, January 23, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment