Tuesday, January 8, 2008

rticMy name is Mark Montenegro, I am a current student at CSUN (Cal State Northridge) and I am majoring in Media Management from the Cinema and Television department at CSUN.
With the start of this project, I have found some information about the issues with blogging. One of the articles (http://www.masternewmedia.org/news/2005/10/22/are_blogs_credible_news_sources.htm) talks about how blogging has become a credible source for information. Also, another article that I have found explains how blogging is a great source for marking and a way to attract many people to a curtain product or information (http://www.eventdv.net/Articles/ReadArticle.aspx?CategoryID=252&ArticleID=39776). And the last article that I have found explains how blogging has become a huge influence in journalism in the past couple of years (http://www.foreignpolicy.com/story/cms.php?story_id=2707&popup_delayed=1).
Where I stand in Blogging is, I am for or believe that blogging has significantly impacted the print journalism industry. The reason why believe this is because, blogging is a tool that many people can use to communicate their thoughts about what is going on in everyday life if it involves important issues around the world or thoughts about life in general. Its a system that anybody can use to create their own source of news for people to comment and be a part of. I for one have not been part of any blog. Never had that much of an interest but, by reading and understanding what blogging is all about, its very understandable of how people can be part of the blogging community.

1 comment:

huntgrl said...

See I disagree with you on blogs beng more than a personal journal. Granted yes they are not personal accounts of someone's life but they are there personal knowledge, interets or beliefs. I believe this is the whole reason for the whole blog concept.